Home > News > RPG Maker VX News > RPG Maker VX Trial Released
RPG Maker VX Trial Released
Enterbrain has released the download for the Japanese trial version of RPG Maker VX.
By Rydin, RPG RPG Revolution
2007-12-11 17:29:23 - Today Enterbrain has released the Japanese trial version of RPG Maker VX, as part of their weekly update. The official release date is still a few weeks away, but we can now get accustomed to the program and even get access to the RTP itself!
Without further ado, download the limited trial version in our RPG Maker VX Download section!
Note that this does not come with a time limit. Feel free to download the trial without worrying - you will not be penalized when the "final" trial version with the time limit is released.
There are quite a few restrictions on the trial version though, (apart from the fact that it is in Japanese), but the basic functions are the same:
- You cannot make a game diskThe only way you can play games is by using the "Test Play" feature.
- Limits on the number of items, skills, etc in the databaseThis will not be limited in the trial version, but in the trial version you cannot change the default number of items, skills, etc. in the database.
- 10 maps per gameYou cannot create more than 10 maps in this trial version.
- 10 events per mapYou cannot have more than 10 events created in a single map.
- Limited Runtime Package (RTP)In the complete version, there are 104 characters, 56 monsters, 80 face graphics, 80 animations, 1024 map tiles, 238 icons, 42 BGMs, 10 BGS, 10 MEs, and 200 SEs. There are considerably less in this lightweight trial.
- Scripts cannot be editedYou can take a look at the scripts, but not edit them. However, you can call scripts from the event command, on page 3, so feel free to try out scripting using RGSS2!
- Games cannot be openedNot like there are any games you can open yet, but it's for the future RPG Maker VX games.
- Games cannot be savedYour project will be deleted when you exit RPG Maker VX. You will still be able to save the game while you are in the editor, so you can test play all you want.
- Updates not supportedThe trial version does not support released updates.
- You do not need to install RTP separatelyEverything is included in this trial version, but in the full version you will need to install RTP separately like previous editions of RPG Maker.
Of course, all of these restrictions will be removed in the final release of RPG Maker VX. Are you as excited as I am? Keep checking back on us for the next few days as we diverge deep into the world of RPG Maker VX and test out its functions for real, this time!