Home > News > Announcements > Content Progress
A news system at last! Some information regarding new sections and forecoming events.
By Rydin, RPG RPG Revolution
2008-05-21 17:15:24 - Hello, everyone. I'm sure most people who visit us frequently have noticed some changes occurring slowly but surely on the site.
As a recap of what happened, SeeYouAlways had deleted the site and all its contents. This left our vast wealth of information missing. However, I've managed to get an old back up of the site up and going, but since it's an old back up that means it's also missing a lot of newer content.
How come I haven't seen any updates on the site?
This is what everyone's wondering! Finally, the question can be answered. The reason the updates and announcements have been broken is because I've been busy making RPG RPG Revolution a custom script system. A custom script system will allow us the update content en mass quantity. This means that we'll be able to get all of the old content up very fast, and newer content will be updated more frequently.
- The sections under 'Engine' are fully functional with downloads to each maker. Please remember to update your old URLs and bookmarks to the newer URLs like; RPG Maker VX.
- The Games section has been created to show the latest games. Navigation is now easier with games categorized by both Engine and Genre. Only 11 games have been added so far, so please be patient while we add the other games (including the ones that've been deleted)! Unfortunately, we're not accepting new game submissions until the older games have been added. For the meantime, users can still submit games to our Game Project Forum. Still want to access the old game pages in the meantime? Don't worry, we'll be keeping the older game pages available here until the content is added completely.
- We now have a fully functioning News system! Access the latest news about the engine news, general announcements, and content updates all in one place! Also, now that we have a news system, you'll also be able to keep up-to-date with the progress of the site.
- Content Updates can be viewed under the General News section, and at the bottom of the main page. New games, added resources, scripts, and misc. content updates will be available to see there!
- Phylomortis has gone down, and it's been down for a long time now. I'm now assuming that the owner, RPG Advocate, has all but given up on it. For those who miss Phylomortis's extremely useful RGSS Script References, you can now view them here at RPG RPG Revolution!
That's all for now, but don't worry. We'll be having more updates like this in our near future. Watch this place for more information regarding the restoration of the missing content and the addition of new content!