Abstract: Homage is an action-RPG with a fast paced and completely original action battle system. The story follows the travels of a young man who must flee across a continent to escape pursuers who seek to take something very valuable in his posession. Homage is designed to be a short, intense experience, rather than an epic 40 hour quest. It has a strong focus on strong character development and an exhilarating battle system. Homage features a number of beautiful and original songs, composed by Jasmine Cooper of Dream Orbit Music.
Genre: Fantasy Action-RPG
Moderate. About 5 hours.
- A completely unique action-based battle system scripted from scratch
- A choice between 23 hand coded spells
- A deep story with interesting characters
- Several dungeons, each with creative puzzles
- Ten unique bosses
Rin is a messenger for the guilds of Vericia, a port town on the eastern coast of Eycil. The nomadic nature of the job suits him; he has never liked to stay in one place for long. Slightly paranoid and a little cowardly, he prefers to rely on his own skill rather than trusting others.
One afternoon, while very late for a delivery and battling his way through a thunderstorm, Rin has a fateful encounter with a group of bandits and a mysterious figure that is to change his life forever. The events that follow lead him across the continent to face dangers he had never imagined, to places exotic and people eclectic, as Rin searches for a way to stop doing what he has always done; to stop running.
Homage is a story of love and greed, truth and lies, and the conflict between what is easy and what is right.
Male, age 23. The protagonist of the story.
- Thanks to m4uesviecr at Dream Orbit Music Corps for her amazing original music.
- Thanks to Draygone for Let's Playing the game. Watch his Let's Play here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8FD...mp;feature=plcp
- Thanks to Dizzie for early testing and help with graphics
- Thanks to David W. Skinner for one of his Sokoban puzzles
- Thanks to Samuel Stoddard for his Fantasy Name Generator
- Thanks to this person (I would appreciate help figuring out who to actually thank)
- Thanks to Grafikal007 over at RMRK.net for the ship tiles.
-Thanks to http://www.rdinn.com/tavern_name_generator.php for their awesome tavern name generator
- Thanks to http://www.rinkworks.com/namegen/ for their awesome general character name generator
- Thanks to Celianna for her face generator
Unfortunately, I don't know from where I got some of the character sprites I used. I would greatly appreciate any hints on where they came from so I can give proper credit. If you notice uncredited graphics in the game, please tell me where they are from so I can either give credit, or if necessary, remove them. I know that there are some such graphics in this game, and I have nevertheless included them in the confidence of the sharing spirit of the community. I do not wish to take what is not mine as my own.