So I'm not exactly rich. I live with 3 roommates and we split the rent/utilities on a house a friend of a friend of ours owns. What with living on a budget, I have to get creative sometimes. So here's something amazingly awesome and cheap.
*One to two packets of top ramen
*Some form of cooking oil
*Your choice of sauce. I suggest teriyaki or soy, but whatever you like should work.
*Your choice of vegetables. I prefer broccoli, mushrooms and bell peppers. Fresh are best, but frozen work just fine.
1) Boil water and pour over ramen noodles.
2) Heat a pan up and put a bit of cooking oil in it.
3) When the noodles are soft, seperate and drain them, then add them to the pan.
4) Add vegetables and cook for a minute or two, then add your sauce.
5) Stir fry for 3-5 minutes, give or take depending on preference.
So what do we end up with? Something that looks and tastes like lo mein, or maybe more of a stir fry depending on what you added, all for about $5. You'll also have extra veggies, sauce and oil, and top ramen is dirt cheap, so that gets you a few servings of it. If you feel like it, you can also spring for your choice of meat and it'll be just like chow mein. Freakin delicious.
Anyone else get any creative cheap meal ideas from time to time?