Purpose Of This Area
This forum is for Hard Design. Here you can talk about specific systems and designs like:
- How to balance the numbers for damage and skills in your game
- What kind of puzzle should I use for this part of my game?
- What dungeon should I have next in my game?
- How can I make this story I wrote sync up with the gameplay I'm adding
- If the battles are consistent
- Character classes and their stats
- Specific monster designs and stats for a certain point in your game
The list is huge. But you should notice a lot of questions have to do with balancing and gameplay. The ideas are very specific to certain parts of your game you're already working on or soon to be working on. You should be able to post numbers, pictures, or provide a detailed description of what you're doing.
You can also talk about systems in your game and how well they work for it. If the skills you're designing make sense and will work for the game. If your skills are boring, if the system for jobs is too limited, etc.Major and Minor Systems-
A minor system probably wont take more than a paragraph or two to explain. A large one may take a very long page to list off. A character changing system is very minor, and fairly simple. A battle system based on key presses can be major if you list a series of enemies it'll include, how it works, and many of the other minor system that make it up. If there's systems within your system, you are probably working on a major system. If not your system is minor.
Things in this forum should not
advertise a game you're making; nor should what you post be a general or vague idea. You should be ready or already trying to put it in your game. You should be able to ask specific questions about it, especially with the rest of your game in mind. If you cannot, it belongs in T&D.