Abstract- Rebels have risen against the crown, a movement spurred by a mistake the king made years ago. Whether by fate or chance, something stirs, threatening to turn legends and myths into reality.
Genre- Medieval Fantasy
Platform- RPG Maker VX
Everything has rules, from the mortal that follows the rule of death to the god that cannot interact with mortals. These are called the Universal Laws. The universe dictates what each and every being is capable of, able to draw out a plan and set patterns for life. In a sense, we are all bound and caged by these laws, but what if someone was able to break the laws? One could do anything.
Lyna is a young officer in the king's army, fighting a war for a younger dead brother. The rebels rise against the crown because of a mistake the king had made years ago and all of Alteria is on edge. Just as Lyna is able to turn the tides and it seems the rebels are being pushed back, everything changes.
The world is called Merum, and the only known continent is Alteria, where it seems endless ocean meets with land. The kingdom of Alteria is ruled by King Hydul III, a fair, if bit overly logical king. There are orcs, goblins, ogres, and humans, which are split into four sub-races; Alterians (akin to 'normal' humans), Barbarians (whom have the ability to increase their awareness for a time), Cerins (humans that are physically weaker, but more magically adept), and the Kilee (dark-skinned humans who are known as the best sword arms). The land is mostly plains, but there are three major forests and two mountain ranges.
Merum as a whole does host magic in the form of Focus and Words. Focus being akin to one's magical energy and Words being akin to spells. With focus and a spoken word from an ancient language, a Magi (anyone who knows magic) can produce a variety of effects based on the base word.
• Lyna •
Personality: A little naive, but a confident woman that holds volumes of resolve. More of her personality will develop as dialog is written.
Biography: Lyna grew up in Terum. Her father was a guardsmen and had taught her and her younger brother how to fight. During her time at the academy, she was lucky enough to gain entrance into Magic 101 and learned the basics. However at the age of 22, the rebellion started against the crown. In a quick bout, her younger brother was killed in a raid by the rebels. So seeking some sort of closure, she joined the king's army, hoping to end the war that had killed her brother. At the beginning of the story, she's serving as an officer at Fort Summer.
• King Hydul •
Personality: A fair and just ruled, but perhaps lacking in the empathy department. About twelve years ago, when he lead a small war against the orcs, he had pulled troops away from Lycana to protect his nobles. A mistake that some say he will regret.
Biography: As a prince he was a normal young man, but when his mother and father passed away at the age of eleven, he turned a bit cold. Though he kept fair judgements, he's since then seemed older and more distant.
• Kyle •
Personality: A fiery and passionate leader that displays control over emotions. For whatever reason, people tend to want to believe Kyle, a making for a natural leader.
Biography: Claiming to be part of the raid on Lycana twelve years ago, Kyle lost a young wife in the following battle. Kyle has since then trained and made contacts and issued a rebellion against the crown for their inhuman sacrifice.
• Elena •
Personality: Most would consider Elena strange. She's as causal as she is excited, mixing expressions to the point that some don't understand her. She has a good heart though and a sharp mind.
Biography: Besides being a Magi, there's not much that's known about her.
• Music & Sounds by MrGuy0250
• Combat System by I Think (Not complete)
• Music by khachuchrian
• Basic Skill Tree by Leongon
• Tileset by Celianna
• Lufia II Menu & Title script by TDS
• Read! by SojaBird
• Sideview Battle System by RPG Tankentai
• LoveDragonsForver (Music; Their Channel)
• Title Screen Background by rhoby
• Music by bartstoop1991
• Celtic Music - Breath of the Forest by AdrianvonZiegler
• Omegas7's Ultimate Quest System Script
• Keyboard Script by Cybersam
• IceDragon (from RMVX.net) & Saku (RPG RPG Revolution Chat) for providing a script to call the Quest System using the keyboard.
• Shop Sign edits by Radscythe (from RMVX.net)
• IceDragon (from RMVX.net): Background Replacer Script & Reflection Script
• Wall paintings by kirot
• Mack & Aindra for tilesets and tile edits.
• Title screen edits by incarnum
• Shop Scene by Logan Forrests
• Weapon Level System Script by Akin
February 20th, 2012
February 28th, 2012
Mar 19, 2012
Mar 21, 2012
• Focus Crystals: Earned alongside EXP and used to 'purchase' (or learn) Words (or spells).
• Skill Tree System for both physical and magical skills.
• Book reading script. In-game manual included.
• Blacksmith System: Weapons can be leveled up at the anvil!
• Quest Log.
• 100% Custom Music.
• Story driven by a detailed world, already mapped out and lore set in stone.
• Unique Characters.
Aevum The Ancient's Song Demo v0.021 (54.94 MB, RTP not included, Currently has two songs that are not custom, Save Files not guaranteed to work)
Aevum The Ancient's Song Demo v0.021 RTP (88.9 MB, RTP included, Currently has two songs that are not custom, Save Files not guaranteed to work)
*Disclaimer: All custom graphics are not to be used without my permission.
*Disclaimer: All music is to not be used without the author's permission.
• Aevum Battle Theme CH1 :: MrGuy0250
• CH 1 Intro :: MrGuy0250
• CH 1 Intro Piano :: MrGuy0250
• A Soldier's Might :: MrGuy0250
• All Custom Sounds :: MrGuy0250
• Aevum Game Over Theme :: khachuchrian
• War at Kyle's Fort :: khachuchrian
• Aevum Intro Song (Dragon Tribute 7) :: LoveDragonsForever
• Fort Summer 1 (Celtic Music - Breath of the Forest) :: AdrianvonZiegler
• Intro Song II (Fantasy Music - Ancient Spirits) :: barstoop1991
• Lead Designer: Lydyn
• Lead Composer: MrGuy0250
---Composer: khachuchrian (Inactive)
• Website Designer: slayer1213
Recruitment Topic Link - Sign up today!