QUOTE (Cleril @ Nov 25 2011, 07:46 AM)
QUOTE (drenrin2120 @ Nov 23 2011, 01:20 PM)
That's really... weird. Why? What's so bad about rm2k3? The only thing I can imagine that's different besides graphics is that vx and xp have script systems, but either tool is only as good as the user.
Tell you what, I'll play the demo, you check out my shiz.
I actually said last night to myself that if this topic still had no support that I'd take the jump.
So I'll go ahead and get downloading.
Share the love: http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/index....showtopic=51319After playing....
I'll go through the list and then give my general thoughts.
1. Why can't I interact with this rather nice looking world? Man, I sure wish I could learn more about it by doing so.
2. Jake jumps and says there's guards around but I don't see them...how can he see up/down those stairs and I can't?
3. I do like the shock/jump animation though, in fact, the game itself is surprisingly full of movement!
4. If I take too long to move around in the castle...shouldn't I be penalized and be forced to fight some more guards? What happened to the ones chasing me (before the sewer part, that was explained) when I went downstairs?
5. Walking speed is way too fast as I have to keep jerking my fingers to get anywhere in a decent time frame without bumping into stuffs.
6. The cursing is ridiculous, quit it. I don't have an issue with using foul language myself but you're using it way too much and it just comes off as annoying/immature and makes me pissed off that these characters don't know any advanced vocabulary.
7. Don't have Mowser tell me to take a seat and have nothing happen when I do, conveyance, it's an important thing.
8. Oh my, look, a giant wolf thing on the map. Let's go fig- Why the bloody hell is this battle so hard? I noticed the sprite looks like boss material but why the hell show me a first fight opportunity with these new characters and then proceed to throw the middle finger at the player for exploring. It's as if you don't
want me exploring the world.
9. Some little girl yells at me to play with her but I never get the option to play with her...Gee, so nice.
10. Why can I stand on chests in Juniper's armory?
11. I'm in an inn, I'm in an inn....Now I'm at a graveyard, talking to someone off screen called Martha, talking about Gambit. Who the hell is Martha, who's Gambit? What the hell is wrong with my walking speed? Oh, I need to go to the mansion now...huh, my walking speed request got fulfilled at least.
12. Oh for the love of my own sexy ass why is the walking speed so slow and now I have to go halfway across the city to the manor? What is going on!?
13. I'll be sure to take to Parry eventually, typo is just outside the mansion.
14. This Seren guy is so very evil, yes he is. Oh, another swear, 'cmon! You're writing is actually above average until another swear covers the text box!
15. My walking speed is way too slow and I give up playing after 30 minutes.
Story is about these waring city states....okay....These characters have what to do with that plot exactly? I don't care about any of these characters. Actually Jake was starting to be decent, then we switch to Samson and Parry....I hope they all die. I just don't care about the world, the wars, or the characters. Make me, please?
And that's all I got for you. Do take what I say as nothing more than feedback, I'm not trying to attack you, just the game.
Alright, cool. I'll go down the list.
1. To be fair, I'm not sure what you mean by interact. There's a ton of dialogue and chests and hidden spots, sooo, yeah.
2. I'm not sure that's a legitimate complaint.
3. Thank you, I'm hoping to animate all the characters basic movement: climbing stairs, shock, jumping, etc.
4. The penalty is actually a good idea I hadn't thought of. As for the stairs to the sewers... I don't know? I guess I'm assuming the player will assume this isn't real time? I suppose something should be done about that.
5. First person to ever have a problem with that. The walking speed is rm2k3's default.
6. =X sorry. The language is either a hit or miss for people. Let's be honest though, lots of people talk like this. It doesn't mean they're unintelligent. Of course, in a game setting, I can see the annoyance. Also, in not using a larger vocabulary, I'm trying to make them seem more human. Not everybody has an expansive vocabulary, or if they do, not everyone chooses to use it.
7. Someone else actually pointed this out before.
8. THAT, is a terrible mistake on my part. I put the wolf there as a test and I'm really pissed off at my self for not removing it. >=(
9. I mean... I don't know, you want me to put a function in the game so you can play with this little girl? All you said was "Sure would be nice". Why would it be nice? What are you getting at?
10. I have no idea. Will look into that.
11. I'm not sure what's wrong with your walking speed. And I'm not sure why you don't know who Gambit is. But not knowing who Martha is should be expected, you just met her for the first time.
13. will fix.
14. -_- Well, you really don't know much about these characters until you play a little bit farther. Wouldn't that be called character
15. =\ I'm really dumbfounded by the amount of problems you have with walking speed.
You played for thirty minutes, some of the things I get what you're saying. It wouldn't hurt to clarify some of the character's positions more. Considering the first few minutes are crucial. But to say the plot is "There's two warring citiy-states..." You really need to play more. I'm actually not sure you read any of the text because the story is a little more complicated than that. And it's pretty explicitly stated.
Thank you for playing though. I have a lot to take into consideration. I do understand you were only pointing out what you saw wrong with my game, which is actually very useful.