- Easy to change to fit many different minigames. Examples inside.
- Runs on a difficulty system to determine how it plays.
- Uses button presses to add interaction.
- Few steps to import. Just follow the directions.
- Some knowledge of eventing, such as variables, is required.
- Only requires you to make 1 variable: Difficulty.
- Use an optional variable for Lumberjack: Trees Slain.
I made this system using Events and Pseudo-Scripting. The pseudo-scripting makes it as easy as possible to copy and paste the events into your map. It also simplifies the eventing.
Right now it's set-up to be a lumberjack and boulder maze mini-game, but it can also be mining or monster fighting.
There are plenty of minigames for mining or lumberjacks. But there are none as dynamic as this, as simple to copy and paste, and as aesthetically complete.
My use of what is known in programming as Global Variables is a bit unorthodox and unprofessional. It is, indeed, considered bad coding. However, it should be harmless, and will not interfere with any scripts you have set up.
The system only requires minor changes to put into your game. Follow the directions and you'll be in business. It's set up in my own game I'm working on, Herocraft, but I wanted to share it with the community so we can all see higher quality gameplay.
FAQ and Trouble Shooting
Any other Questions, please ask!
I'm always looking for feedback, suggestions, bug reports, comments, etc. This is my first Event submitted, though it does involve pseudo-scripting.