I'm a 20 year old man and I have male and female friends. Many are in a relationship together and have had relationships. This thread is not to attack women but to see points from both angles. I'm actually interested in what women think about what men think. I came up with 12 reasons why I think women's relationships fail, there are more and I'm interested in your views:
1. They expect too much out of a relationship. They think men need to be perfect, have money to spoil them and always be there when they need them.
2. They don’t try hard enough to understand their partner and are too self centred. They think they can express themselves to their partner without it working the other way round. They forget that their partner is also a person.
3. They have no shared interests with their partner and are less likely to try to engage in new interests. Such as new hobbies and leisure. For example watching and discussing soaps on TV together like Eastenders.
4. They care more about popularity, their status and what their friends think. So if their friends say bad things about their partner it will cause complications.
5. They like to tell everybody about what’s happening in their relationship including their friends. A lot of men like their relationships to be more private.
6. They actually don’t know what they want yet. Women tend to look into things more and are constantly analyzing situations and actions instead of deciding what it is they are after in a relationship.
7. They think that their partner’s lives should be more revolved around them forgetting that they have friends, family, work and other responsibilities. Men can get stressed from having to always be needed by them.
8. Women do try to change men, they will tell them what they want out of them and this is a fact. It might not be intentionally but they might try and fix up small parts they don’t like about their guy. Such as minor behaviour especially when with friends.
9. If there’s difficulty in the relationship, a lot of women lie and over exaggerate problems and situations making them difficult to resolve. For example they might tell their people much worse things than it is to get sympathy. Instead of trying to work things out they are more likely to be the ones that snap and lash out. They end up pushing their partner away and then blame themselves or often usually their partner afterwards.
10. If they’ve had an argument with their partner, they expect their partner to come and chase them even if they maybe the ones in the wrong. Why not try approaching your partner for once, why should men always try to chase you?
11. Women like too much attention and if they feel they are not receiving enough from their partner then they will try and get it elsewhere. This often could be from flirting with other men.
12. The media plays a massive importance. They see stereotypes of the perfect dream guy in rom-coms which practically doesn’t exist in reality. Because of this they are constantly looking for a man closest to that stereotype even when in a relationship.