State descriptions details enhanced detailed info view
Basic State Details of Awesome
Release: Jun 15 2010
Last Actualization: Jun 15 2010
Exclusive: at RPG RPG Revolution
Requires: Have at least one kitten strangling your left arm. Have your fingers almost frozen. Still not being helped after the Feb 2010 big Chilean earthquake.
VX don't have state descriptions in the database, neither anywhere. So if you have states with specially strange effects with name and icon that are not really self-explanatory your player hardly will understand what it does.
This script adds a scrollable window in the Status Menu, that list the states with their icons, names and descriptions you set in the state's notebox. An optional in-battle list when you are targeting someone by pressin A button(Shift). Hidden descriptions, controllable via scripts or event script calls... say you have a "inspect" or "analyze" spell or something like that, you all want to uncover hidden state descriptions.
- Set descriptions for your states in their notefields.
- Show states details in Status Menu for your actors, and optionally for enemies and party targets in battle.
- Window positions easily configurable.
- Show in-battle states description list with button A (shift) while targeting party members, or enemies.
- In battle list made for high compatibility.
- Ignore states to never be listed. Use this tag in the notebox:
- Set default hidden descriptions in the script, and control them through the game with event scripts call, or directly in other scripts:
Adding to hidden state's descriptions:
Removing from hidden state's descriptions:
Being "ID" the state index number.
Further Instructions and configuration on script header.
No more codeboxes, I hate them.
Click to view attachment
At the end of the instructions you can manage the options.
No known issues
Plug it above main and below custom battlesystems, input your descriptions and tags in states notefields, and play.
- Code cleaning.
- Battle list also scrollable now.
- Status Menu state list hidden when no states are present.
Terms and Conditions
Use on commercial and non-commercial proyects, just give credit.
Don't post it outside www.rpgrevolution.com If you want to share this, use only a link to here.