This is just a little script I made at the request of someone, it wasnt supposed to be released
until that someone was almost finished with the game it was going with...
(sorry, but i need to make my RGSS skills known)
Perhaps you've played a RPG such as Final Fantasy: Tactics Advance, you might of noticed that
the people that want to join your party are the average level as your party, well, this script does
I ask that you DO NOT DISTRIBUTE THIS TO OTHER SITES WITHOUT MY PERMISION, AS I WILL BE POSTING IT TO SOME SOON.
Don't forget to give credit!
Important notes on the script
- THIS SCRIPT IS NOT TESTED WITH SDK OR MACL
- This script was made by me, and it basicly modifies game_actor, if you see someone with another name
than Enix2, Efever2, post this script, let me know.
- I am currently working on another script that will work with this script, so when it's out, (and if you want to use it)
place it above this script, set your first switch on, to change which switch it looks for, find if $game_switches == true
and set the number in the brackets to your desired switch
- dont set $USE_ADVANCED_NAMES to true UNLESS you have the other script
- This script modifies Game_Actor
- THIS SCRIPT HAS NOT BEEN TESTED WITH A LARGE PARTY SCRIPT, BUT IF YOU WANT ME TO MAKE IT COMPATABLE WITH ONE, LET ME KNOW OF
THE LARGE PARTY SCRIPT AND I'LL TRY
1) PLACE ANYWHERE ABOVE MAIN AND BELOW OTHER CUSTOM SCRIPTS
2) to activate, turn the switch on (switch number is in  on line 59 of the script)
3) to use this script, the switch must be on. make an event that adds a party member, and make sure 'initialize' is checked.
How It Works
If you have 2 party members, and want to add a third using this system, it takes the level of the first, and the second party
member, adds those 2 numbers together, and divides by the current party size,(Eg: P1 is level 19, and P2 is level 40, 19+40=59;
59/2 = 29.5)in the example i chose numbers that result in a floating average(has a decimal point) its good to note that RGSS
ALLWAYS, i repeat, ALLWAYS ROUNDS DOWN, it doesnt matter if the result is 29.999999999 RMXP will ALLWAYS return 29.
Here's a clearer example:
Arshes lv 10
Basil lv 18
Gloria lv 37
Total lv 65
(3 party mebers, so divide by 3)
Average lv 21.66666667
Rounded lv 21
Gloria lv 21
only the one telling you how to use it, kinda hard to display this script :0
Demo, for those of you who dont want to copy/paste scripts
there are currently no known bugs that havent been resolved, If you find a bug, post it to the site at which you
found this script, if i dont reply within 2 weeks, then i did not post that script, and i am asking that you
report that topic, because I specificly said not to distribute it without my permission.
EDIT- only the script within the spoiler will be cut down