Author Hechara!/ Arielle/ Ari
This is a very simple script of new battle algorithms based on four stats: attack, defense, agility, and magic. It is based mainly on the battle systems of the Dragon Quest games, as well as Rm2k3. It does include major changes to how some information is entered in the database and how that information is handled, so please take time to read this entire post before using the script. It's also still in development, so expect to see more features in the future.
- Characters have a natural attack and defense stat rather than it coming soley from weapons/ armor and multiplied with strength for damage calculations.
- Characters can make unarmed attacks (animation for unarmed attacks is currently not available.)
- "Physical" skill power is based of a direct multiplier with the character's attack stat.
- "Magic" power and defense is based off a single stat
- Crtical hits are totally random, rather than being based off the stats. Critcals deal triple damage.
A few things to be aware of
- This script was designed for "small" HP figures, typical of old-school style RPGs (Probably closest to Dragon Quest), the damage done by a single action rarely if ever exceeds 999. I have not tested this with larger figures.
- When editing the database, one should make note of a few factors:
- The "STR" stat in the database becomes the physical attack power, and the "DEX" stat defense. This carries over to all aspects in the database EXCEPT skills. (i.e. when creating weapons you will want to use the "STR+" box to designate the weapon's attack bonus. See the next bullet for skill info.)
- The "Power" box in the skill tab determines how much attack is added to the character's base attack when using the skill (a power of 1 has a base power of the character's attack + 1), and the "STR-F is a multiplier in increments of 10 (A STR-F of 10 is normal power, 5 is half power, 20 is double power, etc.)
- The current version of this sript only changes the actual algorithms, not the way the stats are displayed in the menu, etc. I will be working on that in the future.
Features Coming Soon
- Changing stat displays in the menu, equip scene, etc.
- Skills with an agility factor
- Skills that always strike first in the round
- Skills the ignore the target's defense stat.
This is not a new class but rather making changes to some specific lines in Game_Battler_3.
Normal Attack algorithm:
Find the "def attack_effect" method (lines 42-97 in the default script, delete it, and replace with this new one.
[Show/Hide] def attack_effect
Find the "def skill_effect" method, located directuly under def attack_effect (lines 103-204 in the default script.)
[Show/Hide] def skill_effect
This should work with most battle systems, as nothing visual is changed. To use larger HP figures with these algorithms, you will probably need to multiply them.
Terms and Conditions
Simply mention me, Hechara! in the credits of your game. I would also appreciate if you would post here or pm me saying that you are using this script in your game because I want to see how popular it is. This is optional, however.