I have to say that there are many good ideas in what you wrote, but even something to care about.
I've downloaded the .txt just now, I'll read it carefully next week, after having solvied my University issues.
Anyway, let me ask some questions / make some comment:
1. the stolen necklace idea is just good, in my opinion. It's a convincing beginning which throw the player in the middle of the action;
2. I'm really sorry, but the idea of the girl using magic without Espastones kidnapped by an empire reminded me Final Fantasy 6 in primis
; you should really
work hard on that point to detach your project from the Squaresoft game. Study well Terra's features in FF6 - FF Dissidia - FF Dissidia 012 (final fantasy wikia) and use them in order to differentiate Lydia as much as possible from her. I suppose you where tributing FF6 (your title is clear enough on this purpose) but if I'm not correct, just reply; I know the premises are different, but those two characters could be seen as similar...
3. Archadian Empire... where have I heard it before? Has it something to do with FF XII? If this isn't a willing tribute, I really suggest you modify that name;
4. Espastones reminded me Magicite from FF6... but the origin is completely different, as well as mithology. In your project these are stones full of the magic which was sealed by Nagigaka and not the remaining power of dead Espers;
5. I really like the settings. Honestly, when I read your topic, I imagined the world as a classic FF world... but now, everything is different! It looks like a more interesting Gundam / Armored Core / Front Mission world with magic carved in
Sniper rifles, aerial weapons, mutant creatures! This is exciting! Are you going to use medieval-punk environment or use a more Midgarish (FF 7) setting?
I'll add more when I'll finish reading your file.
This post has been edited by Jens of Zanicuud: Sep 21 2012, 05:02 AM