QUOTE (kayden997 @ Mar 18 2012, 03:30 PM)
Game Producer: I, because I am a highly organized person (I found that ironic, being a mod at the spam topic)
Other: I as 'cutscene' editor (unless that goes with mapping)
I guess I'm directing the project right now in a sense, but more or less I wanna gradually hand the game direction over to the writers and the producer. So, ummm... (Oh, kaust wants to direct) I'm call what I'm doing now, as brainstorming... I'm the "development team."Game Producer:
kayden997 Game Director:
shinyjiggly, Titanhex (possibly some mapping for these guys)Writers:
(seems like, anyway)
Albino Parakeet, VexusCoders:
Maybe me...? And some other ppl.
Me (development team), kayden997 (cutscene editor)
I'd prefer it if we kept it here (even if that makes this thread super-long). Okay, as part of development, we need to talk about a few things (which is where the director comes in, I just organize and ask questions).
1. What genre of game? (Puzzle, typical RPG, gothic RPG, strategy, horror, epic, etc)
2. What is the basic plot? What are the hero's goals?
3. Who are the heroes? What are they like?
4. What are the villains like? Are there villains, or is it like a No Evil Whatsoever (see the thread earlier) setting?
5. What type of battle type is it using (side scrolling, faceup nochars (Earthbound), lufia style faceup with chars, etc)
6. What battle features are we using (limit breaks, hp using techniques, etc)
7. Are we using scripts or just normal code? For that matter what engine are we using?
8. What features does this game have (day/night, weather, seasons, party changing)
9. In terms of party are there developed characters, or is customization allowed (or as a compromise, is there a job system like final fantasy V)?
10. What about the world around? What is the setting? For that matter, is the game in a small world where you're expected to be somewhere, or is it a Wide Open Sandbox?
Okay, aside from adding people to the list, my work as developer is done. You guys need to agree on this sorta stuff.
This post has been edited by bulmabriefs144: Mar 19 2012, 04:24 PM