1. Ugly VX sprites. Especially the default ones, but 1x1 sprites in general look flat. The heck is wrong with XP that people no longer use it?
2. People who don't understand how to make a proper link.
It goes on the right, not the left. Send a blank file then there'll be a hyperlink thing when you go back to the page. Do it otherwise, and before I even check out the game 9/10 I won't bother downloading since it requires me to copy-paste your broken link.
3. People who have missing files or haven't bothered flagging the game as finished in the settings so I can play without the RTP.
(I'm lucky to even PLAY most rpgmaker games)
4. I don't care about RTP sprites, but I DO CARE that you left it at a default battle setting (except maybe Rpg2k3, since I like the side-scroll). Generally, also I mind if someone has virtually no extra stuff as any cool codes are things I watch out for. Do you have a weather system, party change, bank, and other features, in addition to a working plot?
5. Too short/ too easy. I grew up on Nintendo, not the dumbed-down overly easy Rpgs of today. It doesn't have to be impossible, but it should be at least epic. That said, difficulty should never stem from annoying design (you can't share items, so characters are constantly without a way to heal each other when it actually matters). Challenge should be from either enemy pressure (enemies are fast, and can kill the party in less than 10 hits (but more than one, 1hko is a sign of bad programming except in the case of underleveling) or difficult enemy strategies, or both.
This post has been edited by bulmabriefs144: Feb 16 2012, 12:00 AM