Type: Event Designer
RM Skill: Undisclosed
Hello everyone! Today I'm going to show you a simple way of creating a relationship system for RMXP or RMVX, though I will be showing it on XP. All you need today: 2 Events (One optional if you don't take the bonus step.) 1 Map 2 Variables (1 optional)
NOTE 1: This tutorial is made under the assumption that you have the basic knowledge of variables, switches and events. NOTE 2: This tutorial is only for RRR. Please don't use on any other websites unless you are linking directly to this one. Thank you
1. We're going to start out with a basic map. Here's one I just threw together. Nothing special.
2. Now, continue on to creating a new variable. This variable will represent the relationship points. I'm going to call it... Squishy... I MEAN "Relationship points". By increasing or decreasing this, We can make it seem as if she likes you more or less.
3.Let's create an event to set the relationship variable to above the 'hate' level. Let's say the level where she hates you is 10 points and under. Create the new event at auto run. Control variables: Set variable: "Relationship points" at 11. (NOTE: If you choose to ignore the bonus step. This event isn't needed) Set self switch A to on.
4. Now on the second event page, just simply leave it black with the conditions being if self switch 'A' is on.
5. So let's create a second event which will be the person you want to gain or lose relationship with. Pick a character sprite, maybe even make them move around a bit. What you're going to do, is just click and check the box 'variable' and make sure it's 'relationship points'. Just leave it at zero. Add some text, to make it seem as if she dislikes you at that moment. If you wish to ignore the next step (It's a bonus step) then you can add some points to the variable to make her like you more.
BONUS STEP: So, if you choose to ignore this step, ignore the event that sets the relationship points to 11, because this step becomes a hit or a miss as to whether or not you receive a positive reaction or negative.
Create another variable (I called mine "+ or -"), and control the variables. Say, set random 1-2. Let's say if you landed on 1, it was a positive response but if you get 2, it would be negative. So this is what it would look like:
So now, go to conditional branch and enter 'If variable '+ or -" is equal to 1". Let's make this our positive. I'll put in some text to make it look like I gained some points with her. I'll now add 5 points to the variable by going to control variables. This is what you should have so far:
Last part is to repeat above with a negative comment, This time, removing variables Also, be sure to change the condition branch to say: If variable "+ or -" is equal to 2.
Just in case you haven't figured out what I'm doing, I've randomized the chances of getting a positive or negative comment. If you do not wish to use it, it's just an enhancement.
6. I will be continuing on without the bonus step so it won't confuse you if you don't need it. If you do, just repeat that step for future events. So what you're going to so now is set up a new event page with the same sprite and everything, this time a little bit of a friendlier message. Now do the same thing with the variable box, but this time, type in 11 in the box. This will say that you have to have 11 points with her in order for her to say this. Repeat while increasing the variable requirement each page for each relationship level.
So if you don't find any of this making sense, here is the demo of it in action I didn't do much with it, I just added a page... that's it. Feel free to play around with it.