RM Skill: Undisclosed
- Battle Theme - I really like this one, sounds familiar in some odd way, but I can't place my finger on it. It's very good, has a memorable tune and doesn't come off as annoying. =]
- Boss Theme - This one is all right, not memorable and not bad, but fits the description.
- Town Theme - This one has great musical notes, but the instruments used (being MIDI) kind of mess it up for me. If they were done with something other than the default instruments from a MIDI-creator-esque software, then I'd really like this one a lot more. =]
- Asd Theme - Another great example of musical genius. I still think that using real instruments would be much better, but I can definitely tell that you have a knack for music; and possibly an ear for it as well.
- Boss Theme 2 - This is much better than the first Boss Theme, the music flows better and is more intense whilst also having a good amount of complexity. The overlying tune is creative and shows your ability to develop memorable audio. =]
Overall I think you definitely have the ability to develop good music and it may be attributed to your experience, though this appears to be attributed to the fact that you have an ear for music and know how to convert that into something that others can hear as well.
What software did you use to create these files?
I'd love to hear more examples of your music, you've attracted my attention with the above audio. =]
Hey man, I listened to your battle theme, and it was really cool! I think the percussion could be a bit more complex, I heard a few parts that seemed a bit out of place, but it works well. You could also layer some harmonies in, maybe add some seventh chords or some triads. At 0:45 though, the trumpet seems a bit sour in the whole notes dominance, and doesnt seem to match the tonic melody the piano is giving. Besides that, I liked it, although it sounds more like a stage for a Mega Man X Game.
Good luck with your music, man! This is off to a great start.
I agree with X-M-O about your battle theme, it does sound familiar but I can't think of what exactly, I really like it The boss theme is pretty cool too The town theme is a little.. meh, but it's quite nostalgic, so that'd give people more of a reason to like it. Asd.. I like this one, it's pretty cool Boss Theme 2: It's got that old retro theme to it, I like this one a lot (actually sorta reminds me of one of the songs in Distorted Travest) MrHawi Boss Theme: It feels like an old Final Fantasy boss theme, this one I'm sure will be memorable Poder,Lucha,Justicia: Very good, the first one is the best though
Conclusion: This is all very nice music and enjoyable to listen to over and over again and it is inspiring me to make more music for my other game (hopefully I can pull off some non-techno music). I can't wait to see your project when you release a demo
This post has been edited by Shadyone: Mar 17 2011, 12:46 AM
RM Skill: Undisclosed
Sedatio is very clean, very pretty, but very short. Perhaps short and sweet would cover it, but I'd like to hear it go a little longer with a little more transition. At any rate, very nice and I like it! =]
Ah wow I love en la misticidad track and that battle them, the only critique is that they don't loop very well, do you have versions that flow from end to start?
Are you releasing any tracks for public use? What format are these in .ogg or .mp3?
I'm running the Great North Run in September in aid of NACC. A condition my wife has in it's severe form. Please sponsor me with whatever you can, thank you. If you'd like to help spread the word please share the image and link to my fundraising page.