<<-- Omegazion's Roguelike BattleSystem -->>Introduction
Release Date: 01-20-2009
ORBS (Omegazion's Roguelike battlesystem is a script for RGSS2 which allows your game to have battles in the map, In a turn-based fashion, but including movement as a turn. Examples of such are Chocobo Dungeon 2 (PSX) and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Series (GBA).Script
Download the script in the demo.Customization
Check the script's readme partCompatibility
- Incompatible with custom movement systems(8-direction, pixel)
- Incompatible with any caterpillar script
- Currently incompatible with Map Antilag scripts
I won't be fixing incompatabilities with this script yet. I will only fix bugs in projects which only this script exists. Screenshot
The boss, pounding bennett.DEMOInstallation
To Install the script, you only need to copy the ORBS customization part and ORBS engine main script.
If you copy pasted the script into your game without changing anything, You
need to copy the following database entries:
Skills 86 - 92
Animations 83 - 91
Weapons 34 - 35
Also, copy Damage-.png, Damage+.png, DamageMP+.png, DamageMP-.png and HotkeyHUD.png from ./Graphics/System folder.FAQ
Q: I get a syntax error, what's wrong?
A: If it's a syntax error, Then it's your fault. Look for misplace commas and brackets
Q: The script says: "Projectile tile n used without a preceding projectile process in action ACTION_NAME"? what do I do?
A: You called a process whose target is a projectile that hasn't been produced yet, For example, accessing projectile No. 3 when no command projectile_fire with Projectile number 3 has been called before it. You need to call a corresponding projectile_fire command first before using it as a target.Terms and Conditions
- You are required to give credit in your game when you use this script.
- You CANNOT use this script in a commercial project without my permission.
- Feel free to request anything that might improve this script.Credits
- shun, for his keyboard input script algorithm.