Random Maze Event
This tutorial is guiding you to make a maze map where you go in a door and come out a random one but not to go straight to the end door.Lets Get Started:
Firstly you need a new project, I just named mine Maze Event and I put it in the default location. The first map-
1. Go into the map properties by right clicking on the MAP001 in the bottom left of the program and change the name to whatever you want and set the map size to 50 x 50 (can be changed)
2. Right click on MAP001 again and click on generate dungeon.
3. A window will come up asking for you to select the wall and floor tiles, pick whatever you want.
4. After that you should have something like this
5. Now we need to close off some of the rooms, use your mapping skills to think how thick the walls should be, but I wouldnít make them too thick.
6. You will also need a spot for exiting the maze which im sure would be really simple to put into a room.
7. Next you will need to put in some doors for this map.
8. Male sure that none of them touch the edge of a wall, its just bad mapping.
9. Also it very important that you only have a maximum amount of doors divisible by 3 e.g. I have 21.
10. This is what I ended up with does yours look similar.Events-
In all there are 21 events for the doors and 7 for the variables (there may be more if you wish to add events at the end of the maze.
1. Firstly you should jot down the coordinates of all your doors just so you donít forget.
2. Here I have placed all of my empty events for you to see. I have also colour coded which group they belong to 1 through 7, just to organize which door can go to which other doors.
3. Red = Group1
4. Blue = Group2
5. Green = Group3
6. Yellow = Group4
7. Black = Group5
8. Purple = Group6
9. White = Group7
10. Now onto actually making the events.
11. Go to the top right event and enter as follows.
12. Change the trigger to parallel process.
13. Go into the event commands and add a control variable from tab1 and call it random door, then make it have a random number between 1 and 3.
14. Then make a conditional branch checking to see if variable random door = 1.
15. now you need a control variable for the map which is the same everywhere for this so set it to = 1. (I called my variable Maze_Map_ID)
16. Next you need to make another variable Group1_X.
17. Now for the number you need to refer to where you jotted down all the door coordinates, and put in the x coordinates for your first door
18. Next is another variable called Group1_Y where you need to put in the y coordinates of your first door.
19. Then you just skip the else and branch end and add another conditional branch so we can repeat the process of the first door but for the second door. Then move onto the third
20. Here is something similar to what you should have so far
21. now because I have 21 doors I will divide that by 3 and end up with 7 hence the seven events in the top corner.
22. Next we need to fill those other event pages. I will go along with that you have two
23. The only things that you need to change are the random door variable to show a random number from 4 to 6
24. The Group1_X and Group1_Y variables need to be changed to Group2_X and Group2_Y
25. Then all that is left is just to change the coordinates that have been entered to door 4,5 and 6
26. See how it has changed.
27. Now onto the doors
28. Go to your door 1 and make an event on it
29. Set the trigger to player touch
30. Add the event command Play SE, set it to move and ok
31. Then use Transfer Player click on designation with variables
32. Now this door is from Group1 right, so we need to set the variables for group1
33. The map id will always be maze_map_id
34. map x will be group1_x and map y will be group1_y
35. set the direction to down and press ok
36. this event will be exactly the same for all group1 doors so just copy them over.
37. This is how mine looks
38. Now for group2 doors you just need to change the variables of transfer player to group2_x and group2_y.
39. Thatís it, it should work after that.
40. Have fun using it.
Ideas you may for using this is for a reward at the end, could collect things on their way through maybe even keys to get out. The possibilities are not endless but im sure you will come up with something.
P.S. Make sure you get the Maze event.rar file no others unless you want.