What To Post Here:
This forum is for mapping and level design. Here you should:
- Post maps for critique
- Discuss aesthetics like map lighting and color palettes
- Talk about obstacles and puzzles in your map
- Talk about creating depth in your levels
- Discuss symbolism and design in your mapping
- Talk about tilesets for maps
Remember, this is a rough guideline to help you decide if you should post your topic here.
Always try to post screenshots or drawn drafts of maps, even if it's just MSPaint drawings.
Try to post specific questions about your maps, such as " Are the paths too confusing?
" or " Do my colors work?
" and "Can you tell the tiles clash?
" When you post you should have an idea of why you're posting. Even "Why does this look bad?
The purpose of this board is to give and receive critique. As such, a certain degree of maturity and professionalism is expected:
- Feedback should be detailed and constructive.
- While waiting to receive feedback, go give some feedback. Some people will appreciate that and come give you feedback. Everyone wins!
- Be courteous when receiving feedback, even when it's negative.
- Remember that these people took time out of their day to help you!