Hi all, Scourge300 here!
(The above logo was made by me FYI, based off the original LoG Logo)
I figured I'd throw this topic up for the sake of time restraints and making this project a little more known.
Calling all DBZ fans! I'm currently in the early stages of creating a modified HD remake of the GBA cult-classic, Dragonball Z The Legacy Of Goku. Remastered with better controls, graphical tweaks, OST remixes, bonus material & more.
LoG was certainly one of the more memorable games I played during my short time with the GBA system and I it's my belief; as well as the internet masses, that it deserves a proper re-release, and considering there's no chance of Webfoot Tech doing that anytime soon, I think it's up to the fans themselves.
My intention with this project is to boost the overall gameplay experience with Legacy Of Goku, due to the fact that the original was fairly lackluster in that department. Scoring a 5.8 from IGN, and only a 1.0 from Gamespot. (And that's only the half of the bad reviews!)
It's also my intention that upon completion of this HD remake, I will forward it on to Webfoot Technologies Inc (The original creators of the Legacy Of Goku series), and gain their consent to release it on the PC or App Store for public download.
At this point there are no screenshots or production stills I can show you, as there aren't any whatsoever.
I'm simply alerting those interested in perhaps donating their talent in spriting, artwork etc, for the sake of this project.
I will list what production roles are currently vacant below, those who would be willing to fill those production roles would gain full credit for their work on the project! Thank you all for your time and consideration, I greatly hope this remake can become a reality!Custom Sprite Artist Needed
- I require a custom spriter for the sake of enhancing and modifying the original sprites from Legacy Of Goku on the GBA.Custom Tileset Artist
- A spriter with experience in tileset creation is greatly needed to create custom/remastered tilesets based on original locations from LoG & the DBZ TV show.Line & Color Artist Needed
- An experienced artist is needed to draw Anime-styled title and cutscene artwork (Character face icons etc) to be used in-game, based off of the original art seen in LoG.Scripter
- The HD LoG remake will make use of Special attacks and transformations available upon command in-game, much like LoG2 and Buu's Fury. Custom scripts may be required to make this possible, an intermediate scripter would be needed if so.Musician
- A musician experienced in game music/remixes is needed to develop remixed tracks from the original Legacy of Goku GBA OST.
[This page will list future development updates, those interested are advised to please visit often for information, or alternatively; pm me]
This post has been edited by Scourge300: Mar 12 2013, 12:52 AM