This should help RM2k3 users with debugging their game. A little preview of the RM2k3 Revolution Patch, which I am currently working on.Download: http://share.cherrytree.at/showfile-2967/debug_addon.rar
DEBUG ADDON FOR RM2k3 v1.08Screenshots:
by David "Cherry" Trapp
This is a little help for debugging RM2k3 games. It's a patched rpg_rt.exe file, containing some features of the (yet unfinished) RM2k3 Revolution Patch.
To use this add-on, either use the provided rpg_rt.exe file instead of your own (and re-apply all other patches), or apply the provided debug_addon.ips on your existing rpg_rt.exe file (version 1.08 only!). In both cases, you need to put revhelper.dll in your project folder (otherwise you will get a "Runtime error 226" on startup).
1) When the game crashes, it's not closed, but restarted. Additionally, the last executed event script line (event ID, event page, line number) is shown.
2) When an image file is missing, the game doesn't crash. Instead, a dummy image and a warning are displayed.
3) In testplay, you can press F11 to save the game at any time.
4) Information about the currently executed event script line is always put in the variables 49991 (current event ID), 49992 (current event page) and 49993 (current line number). If you don't use so many variables, you can use "Variable Reference" to access this information.
5) In testplay, you can press F3 to trace events. You can select which events you want to trace and whether switch/variable assignments should be logged or not. Every executed event script line (and information about values of switches and variables) is saved in the file "trace.log". Press F3 again to stop tracing. You can use the logfile for debugging. (Note: The "Frm" value in the logfile is the number of frames since the start of the game.)
Battle events are not fully supported, they will get event ID 0 and page ID 0, regardless which battle event page is executed. Common events get a negative ID and page ID 0. Map events get their ID and page ID as normal.
This post has been edited by Cherry: Jun 16 2011, 03:02 AM