QUOTE (antifarea @ Jul 27 2008, 04:02 PM)
Magi, good thing that you answered finally. As for the forest part, I'm not there yet... but the timers could use some tuning, as I played demonlord's save file and noticed they run down too fast... as well the battles are really hard, that blue woman that floats is really hard to beat. And also it would be great to lower the encounter rate at least in that specific dungeon.
Also what are your thoughts of submitting this game to the main site?
The forest is difficult at first, but you level up a lot if you kill every monster in a single visit. Remember that light logia is very effective in the forest and allows you to steamroll quite a few battles. I think the encounter rate in the Forest of Noatun is fine, but the placement of monsters needs to be optimized, because as it currently stands there is at least one encounter in each area.
I'll consider submitting the project after I make some final changes to the game. Here is a list of some things I want to fix:
- Increase of timer durations in the Forest of Noatun by 2-5 seconds depending on the torch.
- Change the monster distribution in Forest of Noatun. I want at least two areas to not have any enemies.
- Bug: If a player is on a bridge when a random battle would execute, the game freezes.
- Bug: Volley of Arrows heals the party instead of harming the enemy.
- Bug: Alrick is sometimes able to use hyper attacks at the beginning of battle if an enemy has an aura
- Bug: The 1 key only brings up the dungeon map half of the time.
- Using illuminate in the secret Marmenill cave erases the darkness overlay
- Odin's Triumph chest in the secret Marmenill cave erases the darkness overlay
- Hint to the pillar puzzle in the Yggdrasil Spring still is a little difficult.
- Several passing errors on frozen waterfalls in Ginnungagap
- Lag issue when hitting the 2 key. This one is very difficult for me to test because I don't own any older machines