Okay, so with my computer back, here's what I've discovered in RM2K:
1. Go to the attributes tab in the database
2. Create an attribute called "Quadruple"
3. Specify the C value to 400.
4. No go into your Items tab and find all your weapons. Check Quadruple in the attributes section for all weapons.
5. Now, go into the Skills tab.
6. Create a skill that looks like this:
7. Now go into your monsters tab. Instead of giving your monsters "Normal Attack" for their behavior, give them the fancy "Attack (Quadruple)" skill instead.
Now, instead of damage = Atk/2, damage = 2xAtk. It's not perfect but it's pretty close. Also, the defense part of the formula effectively become def*1 instead of def/4. Mission accomplished!
UPDATE: Spells like in RMVX.
In RMVX you can customize spells a little differently. You can do it the old fashioned way, or you can make spells that are purely influenced by your character's Magic stat. This is similar to how spells work in Lunar the Silver Star Story Complete
1. Open the Database and select the Attributes Tab.
2. Create 3 new attributes. Call them Mag*1, Mag*1.5, and Mag*2. Make sure to set them as Magic instead of Weapon.
3. Specify the C classes for each as:
Mag*1 is 400%.
Mag*1.5 is 600%.
Mag*2 is 800%.
How to make skills influenced by the Magic stat:
4. Set Base Damage to 0.
5. Hit Influence is 0.
6. Mind Influence is 10.
7. Variance is 4.
8. Now, in the attributes area, check whichever attribute for which ever strength you desire.
What this does basically, is it makes a spell damage equal to that characters' Magic stat x1, x1.5, or x2 +/-20%.
This post has been edited by userjosh704: Oct 6 2010, 07:03 PM