Bar O MeterVersion
I'm realy proud on this script of mine.
It's the best I've ever done so far (3th hehe).
I spend a lot of time finding out how some scriptings works.
For example I had a hard time figuering out how to draw a picture.
Also the way to fill de bar was very hard to get.
Though I knew how I wanted to do it but I just couldn't get it working.
I started scripting this since I found some question on this forum.
First one was from JamesBlackwing who requested a "Basic hud addon, a bar"
, what didn't seemd so basic at all.
Second was from Neclords who also had a "HUD request"
However, I took the challenge and did it!!
It's finaly complete and perhaps I'll use it in my own game as well now I know it's just awsome and mine.
Hopefully it's worth your while trying.
- Draw a bar useing 2 images. One for a empty bar, a second one (same size) for the filling.
- You can use just a 50%-gray fill and change the tone in the script self (optional).
- Set the amount that causes the bar to be totaly filled.
- Show or hide the amountnumber.
- Change the place of the hud to show.
- Super Easy Setup.
- Four different fillstyles (Left>Right, Right>Left, Bottom>Top, Top>Bottom)
- Chose the fill to by variable or item
- Show hud directly when swich turned on (but when turned off again, it only turns of numbers and bar after open>close a window)
- Chose to use or don't use the tone instead of changing it back to [0,0,0,0]
- Enable to changes the huds opacity.
- Smooth fill animation.
- Use variable/item/hp/mp to fill the bar.
- Problem fixed with show and hide the amount.
- Blendingmode of the bar and the fill added.
- Use exp as value to fill the bar with.
- Fixed lag thanks to Puppeto!
- More easy setup than before.
- And more...To come features
- Show/hide total hud (getting it working properly)
- Call script functions.
- Disable count up the variable when bar is full (when using variables).
- Enable to changes place of number to show.
- Get the use time working to fill the bar.Script
( 10.86K )
Number of downloads: 791Customization
The whole setup is in the script self.
All you have to do is change it to your own style.
the setup in the script starts from
# Start SETUP #
and ends with
# End SETUP #
Needs a picture of a empty bar and the filling (or a full bar) in the picturefolder of your game.Screenshot DEMO
v1.0 DEMO FILE HEREInstallation
The demo contains the project wich include some examplebars.
Sorry for the missing ingame info but talk to the butterfly to changes the show or hide of the number (do a window open>close to update it).
Talk to the fairy to get the bar filled and use the fire to empty the bar a little (sorry again for, this time, the missing of the amount input when empty the bar).
Put the script above main.
Set the script up by changing it to your project.
Put a empty and a filling or full bar picture in the picturefolder of your game (same size).
Credit me pls.
When you get an item that is tracked by the bar, change the in the script set up variable with the amount of that item that you get.
Also do this when you use or lose that item.
When you have reached the max amout of items, make sure the variable doesn't get over that item, it'll cause a uncorect display of the tracked amount.FAQ
Non jet...Terms and Conditions
Credit me pls with site, and the script is yours.
If anyone want some changes, pls pm me or post it here, I'll track the topic.
This post has been edited by SojaBird: Apr 30 2010, 07:41 AM