Shanghai Simple Script - Draw Skills
made by ShanghaiLink/ScriptClick hereIntroduction
Final Fantasy 8 had a unique and interesting mechanic called Draw. It would take skills from the enemy unit and actors can then use it. They had a count to how many times that skill can be used until it ran out. This script allows the possibility to do the same thing and also improves upon it.
Changes from actual Final Fantasy 8 Version
* Some skills have restrictions on which classes can draw skills from it.
* Drawing a skill from an enemy will teach the actor that skill.
* Drawing a skill will give a set amount of charges.
* Skills won't disappear when all of the charges are used up.
* Skills will cost their MP amount after all of the charges are used up.
Compatible with Battle Engine Melody
. How to Use
Place these notetags inside of a skill's notebox.
<draw skill: x>
These tags will turn the current skill into a draw skill. Draw skills will take skills from enemies. If the second tag is used, then x charges will be drawn from the enemy. If the second tag isn't used, then 10 charges are drawn.
<draw class: x>
<draw class: x, x, x>
These tags will make it so that the current skill can only be drawn by class x and nothing else. If these tags aren't present, the skill can be drawn by all classes.
This tag will make the skill undrawable. Used for boss skills that you don't want the player to learn. Compatibility
- Compatible with Battle Engine MelodyFor more Shanghai Simple ScriptsVisit Here.