I've been getting loads of emails these days from RPGers who want to sell their game on portals. The problem is that portals will not take your game unless you have a laundry list of features available for your game. If you are one of those people who wants to sell your game on the big game portals, please use this kit to "Commercialize" your game.
If you are going to sell your game on portals, you need to do the following things first:
1. Add Save System that saves your games to the %appdata% folder.
2. Game must start in Full Screen mode, but player can change this to window mode via a menu option
3. Two splash screens (one for you, one for the portal)
4. Option to turn off music and sound
5. Mouse Support
Don't panic, I've got a commercial game kit for you so that you don't have to program all of these things yourself. Steps
1. Download Commercial-Game-Script.zip (attached to this topic)
3. Copy Utils.dll into your game project. It should appear in the same folder where your Game.exe is located.
4. Copy the images in the Graphics/Pictures folder into your game project's Graphics/PIctures folder (create this if it doesn't exist)
5. Open the Commercial Game Script project and go to the Scripts tab. Copy all commercial scripts into your game. To search for commercial scripts in the script database, click Ctrl+Shift+F and enter "Commercial Script". This will show you the location of all scripts in the script database.
NOTE: It's best to start with this project rather than copy the scripts out of it.
If you have questions, please PM me.
~ Fixed Splash Screen Bug
~ Added Mouse SupportCredits
Credits are at the top of the scripts in the script editor.
This post has been edited by amaranth: Sep 6 2010, 10:33 PM