Rules updated (5th April 2012) - SparrowsmithCritique Policy
- Writing Critique is for any creative literature you would like to submit for public criticism. As a courtesy it is advised you state whether the writing is for a game or not, as it helps others to value the work and give constructive feedback.
- Which brings us to our next point: All feedback should aim to be constructive. Rules regarding flaming and trolling are equally, if not more, in effect here.
- If you receive criticism that is not helpful, or is insulting, then notify a moderator via the report button. Don't escalate the aggression or derail the topic.
- Whilst we want to avoid flaming/trolling, we do understand that harsh criticism is sometimes acceptable; therefore, as the person submitting written works, you should be understanding of criticism and be able to accept it without becoming offended easily. There may be cases where someone offers good, but harsh, criticism so please be understanding and don't go on the defensive when the critique is not meant as flaming/trolling. Remember, there is a difference between being criticized and having your work criticized.
- All work submitted here must be your own work. You may not submit work done by someone other than yourself.
- You may only double-post and/or bump your topic if you are either posting an update (to a previous literary submission) or adding a new literary submission to your topic. Bump posts are not allowed without an update or a new submission being added.
(Replies to critique/feedback, and offering critique/feedback are not considered a "bump".)
- If a topic remains inactive for more than six months, it will be locked. However, if the OP wishes to post new content, then they may reopen the topic and post the new content. Any problems or queries regarding this can be PMed to Sparrowsmith or a Global Mod or a Director. (List of Current RRR Staff)
- If a topic remains inactive for more than twelve months, it will be archived.
All standard forum rules apply Board Rules.
- Mature content is allowed, HOWEVER, we would ask that you leave a note warning readers of this. A NSFW tag in either the topic description or OP should suffice.
- While Mature content is allowed, explicit content is not. We ask that you use your own discretion and common sense in these situations, and PM Sparrowsmith or a Global Mod or Director when in doubt (List of Current RRR Staff). Mature content is something we allow in the hopes it will be done tastefully.