Migrant Seal System VXVersion 1.Taco Author: El Conductor (RMXP), recoded to VX by Jet Kobayashi ZalaLast Updated: June 19, 2010Introduction
This script changes random encounters to work much like they do in the popular Wild Arms
When a battle occurs, the player is given a notification and a few seconds (customizable) to choose
to skip the battle. Doing so removes a certain number of points from the party's migrant points and
when the player runs out of points or does not have enough to skip that encounter, a battle starts.
This script was originally created by El Conductor for RMXP, but I've converted it to be usable in RMVX.
I messaged him for permission to post this converted script, but I have not heard a response and
his last login (on Creation Asylum where I messaged him) was in 2008, so I'm thinking he's off
to other endeavors. In the unlikely event that he asks me to take down the script, I'll oblige.Features
Updates Version 1.Taco - June 19, 2010
- Ability to skip random encounters if the player wants to
- Create random unskippable battles
- Create dynamic encounters by making enemy troops "harder" to avoid by costing more points to skip
Version 1.0 - June 9, 2010
- Added the ability to show/hide the bar
- Added the ability to show a numerical display of points. Like "13/25 Pts."
- Numerical display can be customized
- Rearranged setup options to be a little easier to read (I hope)
- Cleaned up script after adding new options
- Initial script version based on El Conductor's original RMXP 3.0 version
- Changed Troop_Migrant from Class to Module
- Converted/changed functions to fit VX scripting system
- Added sound file setup/call when a battle is about to occur
- Added different image popups for different battle types
- Added changable battle start delay
- The reduced migrant cost color text doesn't align quite right. I'm not sure how to approach it to fix it
( 32K )
Number of downloads: 49Compatibility
While I've not thoroughly tested this with many other scripts,
I've found in my game that it works with:
- Yanfly's Engine Melody (YEM) Scripts
- Shanghai's Simple Scripts (SSS)
- Advanced Crafting System
- Kylock's Time System
- Woratana's Neo Systems (Save and Messages)
- 332211's Weapon Rank System
- Sojabird's Autolight System
- cmpsr2000's Stealth System
- puppetto4's Enhanced Items
Look out! A fight!DEMO Migrant Seal DemoInstallation
Just plug it in above main. I've tried it both above and below the scripts
mentioned in the Compatibility Section with no ill effect.
You'll also need three images:
- One for normal encounters
- One for free cancel encounters
- One for unavoidable encounters
I've included basic ones in the demo.
From there, check out the Troop Module for Configuration:
# Visual/Audio Options #
# Change this to alter what it shows on the map
# screen. You must leave %s to show the level
Migrant_Level = "Migrant Lv %s"
# This alters the look of the part that shows
# the number of points on the map screen.
# It is displayed under the migrant bar
# The first %s is the current points
# The second %s is the player's max points
Numeric_String = "%s/%s Pts."
Show_Bar = true # Set to true to show the bar
Show_Points = true # Set to true to show numerical value
Numeric_Under_Bar = true # True - Shows the migrant points below the bar
# False - Shows the migrant points under tha bar
Numeric_Alignment = "RIGHT" # Alignment of the points left string
# Use: "LEFT", "CENTER", or "RIGHT"
# Color of portion of the bar
# and text when showing the
# amount to cancel the battle
# Red, Green, Blue, Opacity
Color_Cost = Color.new(120, 50, 180, 255)
# File name in the Graphics\System folder
# of the icons to show above player's head
# when an encounter is spawned
Normal_Icon = "Encounter" # Normal cancellable encounter
Free_Cancel_Icon = "FreeCancel" # Cancellable without losing migrant points
Must_Fight_Icon = "MustFight" # Unavoidable random encounter
Icon_Offset = [13, # x-coordinate offset for the icon
60] # y-coordinate offset for the icon
# to be drawn above the player's head
SE_File = "Monster2" # Sound file to play from SE folder
# when an encounter is spawned
# Switch/Variable Options #
Migrant_Bar_Switch = 9 # This is the number for the game switch
# that controls whether the Migrant Bar
# is shown. If true, it hides the bar.
Battle_Delay_Variable = 1 # Set the value to the game variable to use.
# This determines how much time the game
# will allow to cancel before a battle starts.
# I recommend about 300 or so.
# A value of 60 = about 1 second
# Migrant Resistance Setup #
for i in 1...$data_troops.size
# Sets initial Migrant Resistance levels to
# 2 + 1 for every 20 troops. This means Mig Resist
# increases by 1 every 20 troops. Feel free
# to change the formula as necessary
$data_troops[i].mig_resist = (i / 20) + 2
# Sets initial Migrant Point regain to
# 1 after battle with that a troop. Feel
# free to change the formula as necessary
$data_troops[i].mig_regain = 1
# Set custom enemy troop Migrant Resistance levels
#$data_troops.mig_resist = 1
# Set custom enemy troop Migrant Point regain
#$data_troops.mig_regain = 4
Change a few of the strings as you prefer.
Setup your display options.
Setup your colors and your icon images and sounds.
The Icon offset is for fine adjustment of the notification icon position.
Also set your icons, sounds, your show/hide switch, and the variable
to control the delay timer between notifying the player and a battle starts.
Set your custom troop settings, change the formulas if you want to.FAQ
Q. Why are there no questions here?!
A. No one has asked any yet let alone frequently. I just posted this script.Terms and Conditions
Use it as you please. I am not responsible if this script causes
hungry taco-eating gerbils to explode from your computer
and raid your local Taco Bell
I need none since I just converted it, but if you wish to give any,
give it to the script's original developer, El Conductor.
This post has been edited by JetKobayashiZala: Aug 10 2012, 09:45 PM