RM Skill: Undisclosed
Hey everyone! We're (finally) releasing the 2011/2012 Forum Awards topic! =]
We will be giving out the following awards for the 2011/2012 year. We want you to nominate and vote for anyone (staff or non-staff) you feel deserves one of the forum awards. ^^
Nominations do not count as votes. This is because you are allowed to nominate more than one person (up to five) for any of the 2011/2012 awards. If you want to nominate and vote for the same person, then you'll need to do both in your post.
You may only vote once for each award. You are not required to supply a vote for every award. You may vote for the same person or game more than once, but only for different awards (meaning that a person could be given a vote for Best Artist and Best Musician, but can't be given 2 votes for Best Artist).
You are allowed a single post. This is to keep things from becoming confusing (we have to count the votes, you know). If you need to make changes to your post, then please use the edit button and make those edits as necessary. If you have any questions, please send me a PM and I'll handle those questions via PM and update this topic, if necessary.
Once this topic is closed, you will not be allowed to change your vote.
- User-Voted Awards (UVA) -
- Member Awards - Please cast your votes for the member(s) you believe to be the "best" in the following categories: Advisor (A member that gives good advice to you or to another member.) Artist (A member that draws art very well; not graphic art such as a logo or signature image, see graphic artist for that.) Easiest To Talk To (A member that you find easy to talk to and that listens well.) Eventer (A member that is good at eventing for any game development software.) Funniest Member (A member that you feel is more hilarious than most other members.) Graphic Artist (A member that creates graphic art very well; an example might be a logo or signature image, etc.) Hardest Working Member (A member that you feel has contributed a great deal to the entire community.) Mapper (A member that creates excellent maps for games.) Moderator (A staff member that moderates a specific forum, or group of forums, and contributes a great deal to the community.) Most Helpful Member (A member that you feel has been a great deal of help to yourself and/or other members.) Musician (A member that creates memorable tunes.) New Member (A member that registered any time between January 1st, 2011 and the present, and has been a great addition to the member base.) Pixel Artist (A member that creates exquisite pixel-art.) Scripter (A member that creates and/or assists with any scripting language.) Staff Member (A staff member that you feel has contributed a great deal to the community; not solely relating to moderator tasks.) Writer (A member that writes brilliantly; for games or otherwise.)
- Game Awards - Please cast your votes for the game(s) you believe to be the "best" in the following categories: Completed Game Custom Graphics Most Anticipated Game Original Characters Original Soundtrack Project Demo Story Use Of RTP
RM Skill: Undisclosed
- Member Awards - Advisor -> Nominate (kaz, amerk, Jonnie19) Artist -> Nominate (leongon, bacon, Queue, Strawberry, Homunculus, Hirei, Erangot) Easiest To Talk To -> Nominate (kaz, amerk, Shadyone) Eventer -> Nominate (Alt_Jack), Vote (Alt_Jack) Funniest Member -> Nominate (Tsutanai, TheBen, Albino Parakeet, Klokinator, kayden997) Graphic Artist -> Nominate (Axerax), Vote (Axerax) Hardest Working Member -> Nominate (kaz, Holder, Kread-EX, Sailerius, amerk, Jonnie19, Arbor, shinyjiggly) Mapper -> Nominate (darkhalo), Vote (darkhalo) Moderator -> Most Helpful Member -> Nominate (Alt_Jack), Vote (Alt_Jack) Musician -> Nominate (PianoOnWheels, Daven, Shadyone, Rei-, Zackwell, Spirit_Master_X, Stern, MrGuy0250) New Member -> Nominate (Arbor, Shadyone, Tsukihime, Zakerot, Fat Panda, TTrain427, Vanit, Jens of Zanicuud, Penguin, Bill Nye, maximusmaxy, supercow, SleepingSirenx, akura, Eden, Vexus, Kaust) Pixel Artist -> Nominate (Holder, Harryb412), Vote (Holder) Scripter -> Nominate (leongon, SojaBird, ASCIIgod, woratana, Omegas7, kaimonkey, munkis, berka, Shanghai, erthia, Prexus, Jens of Zanicuud, amaranth, gerrtunk, Night_Runner) Staff Member -> Writer -> Nominate (literarygoth), Vote (literarygoth)
- Game Awards - Completed Game -> Custom Graphics -> Most Anticipated Game -> Original Characters -> Original Soundtrack -> Project Demo -> Story -> Use Of RTP ->
Edit: Note that I added some extra nominations to help you all move forward more quickly and be able to simply vote (though you are free to nominate up to 5 on your own), hopefully that wasn't too confusing - see Klok's post for more details if you need them. =] Originally I was going to have about 15 or 20 nominated per each award by default so that you'd have an idea as to who was applicable to receive certain awards, but I found myself lacking the time to run through all of the members who were active during 2011 - so I'm hoping that you will all be able to nominate people within that time-frame (I'll go back over the list a few times to make sure that all awards are applicable to the members being nominated). ^^
Advisor -> Artist -> Easiest To Talk To -> Nominate (Albino Parakeet, bulmabriefs144, X-M-O) Eventer -> Funniest Member -> Graphic Artist -> Hardest Working Member -> Mapper -> Moderator -> Most Helpful Member -> Nominate (Night_Runner) Musician -> New Member -> Nominate (MisterToonz) Pixel Artist -> Scripter -> Staff Member -> Writer ->
- Game Awards - Completed Game -> Nominate (The Greatest Game Ever), Vote (The Greatest Game Ever) Custom Graphics -> Most Anticipated Game -> Nominate (RRR community game) Original Characters -> Original Soundtrack -> Nominate (Cell Chamber), Vote (Cell Chamber) Project Demo -> Nominate (Cell Chamber), Vote (Cell Chamber) Story -> Nominate (I'll remember the name if someone else nominates it) Use Of RTP ->
This post has been edited by MEands: Apr 13 2012, 09:18 PM
It really touches me that Parakeet only made one vote, and it was for me
Advisor - dafuq is this Artist - Oceans Dream, Resource Dragon Easiest To Talk To - Shadyone, XMO, Zakerot, Kread-EX, Parakeet just 'cuz Eventer - don't know/care Funniest Member - This is a toughie, because few come off as genuinely funny IMO. I like Sparrowsmith though, even though he's serious. Sometimes his seriousness is actually quite witty. Graphic Artist - Hirei! Hardest Working Member - XMO Mapper - Adrien lol ya fuck that Moderator - Kayden Most Helpful Member - dafuq uhhhhh uhhhh Shadyone cuz he held my hand through watching Clannad and assured me it didn't have a horseshit ending. Musician - Easy! Shadyone! New Member - I don't talk to new members because I'm a fag. I think MEands because I like his avatar. EDIT: Okay he's not a new member. Idk never mind. Pixel Artist - FFFFFF Oceans Dream maybe Scripter - Atoa, Resource Dragon, and Maximusmaxy. The only three who helped script for FEPS. Staff Member - XMO and Kread-EX, fuck the haters. Maybe Kaz too just 'cuz Writer - Sparrowsmith, Titanhex.
In my time of coming to this site, nearly 5 years, I have played exactly 0 RM games. I truly am a terrible person.
I wonder how many people will nominate FEPS for RM game, seeing as I practically forced everyone in the spam topic to play a version of it at one time or another.
Edit: I stuck an asterisk beside the name of my votes, the others are nominations.
QUOTE (Shadyone @ Apr 13 2012, 02:47 AM)
Most Anticipated Game -> Nominate (Beneath, Llyven, Fire Emblem: Phoenix Saga), Vote (Llyven) Project Demo -> Nominate (Beneath, Fire Emblem: Phoenix Saga), Vote (Beneath)
I like how you nominated FEPS twice and voted for it zero times
But aside from that, Zakerot joined like 3 or 4 years ago so he can't get the new member nominations, gaiz.
Only the most epic member nominations.
And finally, XMO y u nominate like 12 people in some categories when the limit is 5, as you stated yourself? (Because I was getting some nominations out of the way - I got sniped by Albino Parakeet though, but the intention was to go ahead and bring some of the nominations forward so you all are able to just nominate like one or two and vote instead of focussing on nominating. Since no one can be nominated twice, and it doesn't count if they are, 5 should be the most anyone else needs, though I neglected to mention my reasons there. I should probably go back and edit it... Hmm... ~X-M-O)
This post has been edited by Klokinator: Apr 16 2012, 12:00 PM
Group: Local Mod
RM Skill: Masterful
Rev Points: 95
- Member Awards - Advisor -> Artist -> Easiest To Talk To -> Nominate (Klokinator), Vote (Klokinator) Eventer -> Funniest Member -> Graphic Artist -> Hardest Working Member -> Nominate (Kaz), Vote (Kaz) Mapper -> Moderator -> Nominate (Titanhex, Kayden997), Vote (Titanhex) Most Helpful Member -> Nominate (Night_Runner), Vote (Night_Runner) Musician -> New Member -> Pixel Artist -> Nominate (Holder), Vote (Holder) Scripter -> Nominate (The Law G14), Vote (Th Law G14) Staff Member -> Nominate (Strawberry), Vote (Strawberry) Writer -> Nominate (shaddowval), Vote (shaddowval)
Group: Global Mod
RM Skill: Undisclosed
Rev Points: 15
May come back to add to this once I think up a few more.
- Member Awards - Advisor --> Nominate (kaz, X-M-O, Titanhex), Vote (X-M-O) Artist --> Nominate (Hirei, Erganot, Queue), Vote (Queue) Easiest To Talk To --> (TheBen, X-M-O, kaz, Jonnie19, Harryb412), Vote (X-M-O) Eventer --> Nominate (KD648, sbester, Alex898, Ephiam), Vote (KD648) Funniest Member --> Nominate (Albino Parakeet), Vote (Albino Parakeet) Graphic Artist --> Nominate (Hirei, Celianna), Vote (Celianna) Hardest Working Member --> Nominate (Jonnie19, X-M-O, kaz, TheBen, Titanhex), Vote (TheBen) -- couldn't have won the numbers game against the admins last year without him Mapper --> Nominate (darkhalo, Oceans Dream) Moderator --> Nominate (kayden997, Titanhex, Sailerius), Vote (Titanhex) Most Helpful Member Musician --> Nominate (freedy_frame, Theodoric, Joerao), Vote (freedy_frame) New Member Pixel Artist Scripter --> Nominate (modern algebra, jet10985, Yanfly), Vote (modern algebra) Staff Member --> Nominate (Jonnie19, Kaust, rewells), Vote (Jonnie19) Writer --> Nominate (Sailerius, Jonnie19, amerk (can't vote for myself though), Vote (Sailerius)
- Game Awards - Completed Game --> Nominate (Bloodsphere, Tales of the Drunken Paladin), Vote (Tales of the Drunken Paladin) Custom Graphics --> Most Anticipated Game --> Nominate (Amulet of Athos, Line's End), Vote (Amulet of Athos) Original Characters Original Soundtrack Project Demo --> Nominate (After, Dragon Quest: Legacy of the Lost, Classika), Vote (Dragon Quest: Legacy of the Lost) Story Use Of RTP
- Member Awards - Advisor: ~ Artist: Homonculus Easiest To Talk To: Shadyone Eventer: ~ Funniest Member: Harryb412 Graphic Artist: Hirei Hardest Working Member: Rob_Riv Mapper: ~ Moderator: X-M-O Most Helpful Member: Zortik Musician: Shadyone New Member: ~ Pixel Artist: Holder Scripter: Kread-EX Staff Member: X-M-O Writer: literarygoth
- Game Awards - Completed Game: ~ (haven't played any, shame on me!) Custom Graphics: ~ Most Anticipated Game: Classika Original Characters: ~ Original Soundtrack: ~ Project Demo: Classika Story: ~ Use Of RTP: Classika
These are all votes. I didn't see a point in nominating more than one person since I could instantly vote anyways. Left some blank, I couldn't think of someone/something for every category! Good luck everyone!
This post has been edited by X-M-O: Apr 24 2012, 06:47 PM
- Member Awards - Please cast your votes for the member(s) you believe to be the "best" in the following categories: Easiest To Talk To - Stern Moderator - Amerk Most Helpful Member - Stern Musician - Stern Writer - Literarygoth
- Game Awards - Please cast your votes for the game(s) you believe to be the "best" in the following categories: Most Anticipated Game - Beneath Original Soundtrack - Beneath Project Demo - Beneath
These are nominations and votes. I didn't like the idea of nominating multiple titles and then having to vote one. Made me feel like I was saying "You and you and you are totally awesome! But.. I love you best! <3 sorry to the other losers.". My list is quite small though. Sadly my activity in this forum and game creation as a whole has plummeted when I started my career at IBM. I'm hoping that my workload will decrease as we get more new hires so that I can give my game more than 1-3 hours of work every month.
Designer of Classika! A work in progress. Please click the link below to view the topic thread.
Beneath is a wonderful title made by Stern. If you're looking for a superb project to try, please click this link! An adaption of a novel that LIterarygoth wrote. Loads of custom work and carefully thought out materials.