|RPG RPG Revolution's Prime Directive|
Our goal, here at RPG RPG Revolution, is to provide users with a friendly community environment. As the mediators between RPG RPG Revolution and you, the members, our desire is to allow you an interactive place where users can enjoy friendly discussion about general stuff, gaming, game development, and partake of the vast knowledge of our community. As such, we expect all members to uphold our guidelines as to assure that this place remains a friendly and interactive community. By your continued use of RPG RPG Revolution and its forums, you hereby agree to respect our board guidelines.
Please note that RPG RPG Revolution is an English-speaking community and thus most discussion is expected to be communicated in English.
How Moderation Works
As general members, perceived rule violations can be reported by anyone by clicking the 'Report' button in a violator's post. This is the preferred method of moderation, as moderators can't be in every place during all times of the day. By reporting posts as members, moderators can moderate violations faster and ensure that harmony is secured within the forums. Persons reported for violations will not always be warned but will be moderated first before a they're decided that they're violators of the board guidelines.
How violations of the Board Guidelines are addressed:
- If a local moderator catches a violation of the board guidelines, the person will be warned depending on how serious the offence is. Appeals should be directed to a global moderator (Gmod), also known as RRR's forum leaders.
- If a forum leader, global moderator, catches a violation of the board guidelines, the person will be warned depending on how serious the offence is. Appeals should be directed to an administrator (Admin).
- If an administrator catches a violation of the board guidelines, the person will be warned depending on how serious the offence is. Appeals should be directed to the site Directors.
Note: Please do not try to appeal a warn within a topic or post, as it will result in a quick suspension. Send your moderator a PM (Personal Message) and address them politely, as they will you.
Minor offences of the board guidelines will result in a 'warn'. Warns are incremental marks against a member. The first five warnings assigned to violators are 'freebies' for minor offences, a sixth warn will result in a one week suspension, an eighth warn will result in a two week suspension, and a tenth warn will result in the permanent suspension of the violator's account. Warns usually last for a period of two months, and, if after that time, a member wishes to have their warn removed, they can PM a moderator to have their warn removed. Addressing expired warns are the sole responsibility of the member, and moderators won't usually go around removing expired warns.
Please remember that not all violations of the board guidelines will result in a warn. Sometimes, more serious violations such as continued flaming or spam will result in two warns or a quick suspension. A more serious violation such as posting pornography or posing as a bot will result in an immediate permanent suspension.
Board Guidelines (These are applied to Private Messages as well)
Member's hereby agree that they will not use our services to perform the following actions:
- Spamming (Off-Topic Posting)
Posts that are irrelevant to a topic or lack content. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Posts that are clearly irrelevant to the topic
- 'Chatty Posts' in a topic between two or more members that are irrelevant to to the topic (this doesn't include debate or personal discussion between two members that's relevant to the topic itself)
- Posts consisting of one or a few words that adds nothing to the topic ("I agree", "This topic is interesting..")
- Posting as means to increase post rank by creating multiple short posts that lack quality or content
- Asking for warn appeals within topics or back moderating
Spam is moderated leniently, and a violator's history will reflect how a person is warned for spam. Members with a track record of making short posts or spamming will be warned more harshly.
- Offensive Posting
Posts of a patently offensive nature are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Using vulgar, profane, or sexually explicit language as means of insult
- Using race, religion, sexual orientation, culture, ethnicity, handicap, nationality, or gender as a means of insult
- Using sexual preference terms as a term of insult in any way, shape, or form
- Using threatening, harassing, defamatory, hate-speech, or libellous language
- Posting links to web sites with potentially offensive content
- Flaming (Insulting Other Users)
Posts clearly insulting other board members, individually or as a group, directly or indirectly, are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Name-calling ("You're an idiot", "You moron")
- Direct insults ("Screw you")
- Offensive orders ("Go kill yourself")
- Insinuations ("Are you stupid or something?") or insults towards family ("Your mom...")
- Trolling (Inciting Flames)
Posts intended solely to annoy and/or offend other posters by going against the clear nature of a
board or topic are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Provoking other users to respond with flames
- Provoking fans of a particular subject to respond offensively
- Making misleading topic titles
- Asking obviously useless questions
- Posting false information as fact
- Illegal Activities
Posts that violate or incite others to violate the law are not allowed. This includes, but is not
limited to, asking for or providing, in any way, shape, or form:
- Asking for illegal copies of copyrighted software (ROMs, Warez)
- Asking for illegal copies of copyrighted music (MP3s), movies, videos, or any other type of media
- Methods of circumventing copyright protection (Cracks, No-CD Patches, CD Keys, mod chips)
- Reprints of material from other web sites (pay or free)
Asking for illegal versions or cracks of game development engines will result in a two day suspension. Continued requests for an illegal program will result in a permanent suspension.
Posts that clearly advertise a service or product are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Unsolicited commercial or personal web site advertisements
- Linking to websites unrelated to the topic
- Linking to the same website in multiple topics with the intention of unsolicited advertising
- For-Sale/For-Trade/For-Auction/Wanted notices
- "Make Money Fast" scams, chain letters, and pyramid schemes
- Posting referral links in posts or signatures
- Advertising for another message board (even other RRRs boards)
Users are allowed to include a web site address in a signature.
- Disruptive Posting
Posts that disrupt the message boards for other users, intentional or not, are prohibited.
This includes, but is not limited, to:
- Message posts or topic titles that force browsers to scroll horizontally
- Large blank or content-free posts
- Necroposting, or "bumping" older topics (posting in them well after the last post). The only current exception to this rule is in the Mature Discussions forum, where any "bumping" posts have to have as much thought put into them as expected of an MD-forum post.
- Posting multiple identical or near-identical messages or topics, including "fad" topics
- Intentionally hard-to-read topic titles (i.e. ALL CAPS, AlTeRnAtE cApS, no spaces, no or excessive punctuation, 1337 speak, etcetera)
- Posting multiple hard-to-read or nonsensical messages in a single or multiple topics
- Posting large ASCII art (except in social topics specifically calling for it)
- Post counting (i.e. "First", "100th Post")
- Posting links to website that hijack web browsers.
- Flooding, Invading, and Board Wars
Users will be immediately banned (along with any associated accounts) for:
- Flooding a board with multiple disruptive topics or posts
- Invading another board (flooding a board as a group with multiple topics or posts)
- Instigating, participating in, or retaliating in an invasion of a RRRs message board or
any other online service
- Announcing or inciting a "war" or any conflict with the regular members of another board
Similar offences under this section will be handled depending on the situation and include:
- Posting remarks inflammatory towards other communities
- Posting remarks that might instigate conflict with other communities
Users will be immediately banned (along with any associated accounts) for impersonating other boards
users by creating and/or using a message board account with a name clearly intended to impersonate,
mock, or antagonize another user, or otherwise falsely claiming to be another message board member.
Continual harassing behaviour directed towards a certain individual or group with the intent of an
creating an intimidating, offensive, or hostile environment on the boards, with or without use of
explicit or implicit threats is strictly prohibited. Posting private information without permission
is also prohibited.
- Unauthorized Access
Accessing or attempting to access any RRRs user account not belonging to the user in question
without permission is prohibited. Accessing another user's account in this manner is grounds for
immediate loss of all known accounts.
- Bugs and Exploits
Using exploits or tricks in the RRRs code to gain privileges, access, or abilities not clearly
intended by the board design is prohibited. While you are more than welcome to try and find any
exploits away from the public eye, making them public or using them for personal benefit is grounds
for immediate loss of all known accounts.
- Usernames, Profiles, and Forms
Violating any of the above rules with a username, any part of the user profile (signature, quote,
e-mail, IM), or via feedback forms (such as the Mark for Moderation function) is considered a
- Robots and Automated Programs
Board users are not allowed to run a robot or other any other automated
browsing or posting programs on any message board server at any time. Most of
these robots use huge amounts of server resources for the benefit of a single
person. Users caught running robots may have all of their known accounts
revoked, and the abuse of resources reported to their ISP.
- Multiple Accounts
Banned users who create new accounts will be banned. If a person has siblings or another person who wishes to create an account, then that's allowed. However, if one account does something against the terms, it'll affect all users under that IP.
Pornography: Posting images or links related to pornographic websites will result in an immediate ban. Referring to a pornographic website or any site with pornographic material will result in an immediate ban. The website does NOT have to be linked to. For example, if a member was to say "I saw this on [website]", it will result in an immediate permanent ban.
Any other activity that is clearly detrimental to the flow of conversation and normal activities
of the boards and its users may also be deleted.